Former Manchester United footballer Dwight Yorke says he felt like a criminal after being denied entry to the USA.
The striker says that officials would not even allow him he was to board his flight to Trinidad and Tobago, via Miami, by officials on Friday.
The ban appears to have been imposed because he briefly visited Iran to play in a charity football match in 2015.
He told The Sun newspaper: “I have lost count of the number of times I have been to America, I love the country, yet I was being made to feel like a criminal.
“I had bought my ticket and checked in and was about to get on the flight when I was stopped by two officials.
“They told me there was a visa problem and a red flag had come up against my name because of an Iranian stamp in my passport. I went there to play in a legends match to open a stadium and didn’t even stay overnight.
“The two officials told me if I got on the flight I would simply be deported back to Qatar once I arrived in the States.
“I tried to explain I didn’t even live in Qatar and was just trying to get to my home in the Caribbean.”
— The Guardian (@guardian) 18 February 2017
Although Yorke, 45, was only using Miami to transit to Trinidad and Tobago, the US usually requires travelers to go through its immigration procedures before heading on to their destinations.
Last month Donald Trump signed an executive order halting travel to the US for citizens of Iran, Somalia, Iraq, Libya, Sudan, Syria and Yemen.
The order was blocked by a US federal court but Mr Trump has said he will order a new ban to be put in place.